The Georgia REALTORS® are excited to offer $1,000 undergraduate college scholarships for students majoring in a real estate or related degree. One new scholarship recipient will be selected for each school year. Once awarded, the scholarship is renewable for up to three times for a maximum of four scholarships.
Please read the criteria below, complete the application and email back to the Scholarship Foundation, firstname.lastname@example.org, for consideration. The application deadline is April 5 each year for the following school year. (A school year is defined as August 1 through July 31.) PLEASE NOTE: THE 2020 APPLICATION DEADLINE HAS BEEN EXTENDED TO APRIL 15, 2020.
- The scholarship is available to any full-time under-graduate student attending an accredited university in the state of Georgia (private or state) majoring in real estate or a real estate-related field.
- One new applicant will be awarded a scholarship the upcoming school year (August 1 through July 31) in the amount of $1,000. The scholarship is renewable for up to three times for a maximum of four scholarships.
- The applicant must be enrolled in college or officially going to begin college the upcoming school year (of August 1 through July 31) to apply but does not have to be a freshman.
- All applicants will be screened and selected by the Scholarship Committee Trustees.
The application must include the following:
- Award(s) documentation, if any
- If a high school student in the past five (5) years, provide a certified copy of your high school transcripts via email to email@example.com.
The transcripts must be emailed from:
– Your school counseling department,
– You provided each page of the transcripts is signed by your guidance counselor.
- If not a high school student in the past five (5) years, attach a résumé of your past five (5) years of academic and/employment history.
- A 500-600 word essay to summarize college and career plans in addition to why the applicant feels deserving of the scholarship, and
- Two letters of recommendation; one from a teacher/professor and one from a non-family member. Letters must be signed and include contact information of the person making the recommendation. Scholarships may be used for tuition, fees, meal plan, dorm fees and other directly-related school expenses. Scholarship funds cannot be used for travel or off-campus living expenses.
- Scholarship Application